Vascular surgery specializes in the treatment of disorders of the vascular and lymphatic systems. This type of surgeon performs nearly all venous or arterial surgery, with the exception of procedures done to vessels within the brain and heart — these are typically performed by a neurosurgeon or cardiothoracic surgeon.
Interventional – Angioplasty, Endovascular Aortic Repair (EVAR)
Humber River’s Vascular Surgeons are dedicated to providing treatment of vascular disorders in our community. They specialize in both Endovascular Aortic Repair (EVAR) – an advanced technique for minimally invasive repair of aortic aneurysms, and angioplasty procedures using state of the art technology in our new interventional suites.
They also specialize in the treatment of diabetic foot ulcers, and perform limb-saving bypass and angioplasty procedures.
- Angioplasty and bypass peripheral arterial disease
- Carotid endartectomy
- Access surgery for the hemodialysis program
- Treatment of varicose veins and venous ulcers
This outpatient clinic serves patients who are referred for specialist assessment of vascular conditions including problems with arteries and veins anywhere in the body excluding the heart, and brain.
- There are generally two kinds of arterial vascular disease: occlusive and aneurysmal. In the occlusive form, blood flow is reduced because of plaque that has formed in the arteries. This causes reduced blood flow to tissues beyond the blockage. In aneurysmal disease, the wall of an artery weakens, which allows it to become larger and rupture is a possibility.
- We also consult and manage venous disease, including varicose veins.
- Our care includes assessment, treatment and monitoring of aneurysms, vascular occlusive disease and carotid artery disease. The surgeon will recommend appropriate treatment options which may include conservative management, angioplasty and/or surgery
Referral by physician is required. Non-elective or trauma procedures are
referred through the Emergency Department.
The Inpatient Unit is located 10th Floor, use the central elevators.
416 242-1000 ext. 41150 (east unit) or 41100 (west unit)
The Vascular Outpatient Clinic is located in the Medical/Surgical Unit on the
4th floor, use the East Outpatient elevators. The East Parkade is the closest
parking lot, enter the building at Portal A on the south side.
8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
416-242-1000 Ext. 23400
A patient shares a story about Humber River Hospital's quality care.