Back to Top

Looking for a Family Doctor?


Need a family doctor? Humber River offers you the following options to help you care for your family:


Search on your own for a Family Doctor


If you would like to search for a family doctor accepting new patients  affiliated to the hospital, check the Family Doctors list (PDF) or the Accessible format. 

For doctors or specialist anywhere in Ontario, you may also use the Doctor Search feature on the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario's website or call (416) 967-2626. 


Use Health Care Connect


If you do not have a family doctor, you can register for the Health Care Connect program by calling 1 (800) 445-1822. This Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care service looks at your needs and matches you to a doctor taking new patients.


Find options for immediate care


If you need medical care while you wait for a doctor, please visit a walk-in clinic  in your area, or contact Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 to get health advice or general health information from a registered nurse. For medical emergencies, call 911.


Where can I get medical help if I don't have an OHIP card?


Community Health Centres (CHCs) are non-profit organizations that provide primary health and health promotion programs for individuals, families and communities. If you do not have an OHIP card, you might be able to get health care services at any of the Community Health Centres (CHCs).

Patient Care Reinvented.