How to Become a Humber River Volunteer
SUMMER ONLINE APPLICATION
IS NOW OPEN FOR
HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
Requirements for the Summer Student Volunteer Program
Before you apply, make sure you can meet the following criteria:
• Applicants must be 16 years of age or older at the time of applying
• Commitment: two 4 hour shifts on the same days and times each week for the entire summer
• Post-Secondary students must be available for all of June, July & August
• High School students must be available for all of July & August
Application Process for the Summer Student Volunteer Program
1. Online Application
• Post-Secondary Student Applications are due by Friday, May 5, 2017.
• High School Student Applications are due by Friday, June 9, 2017.
Applications received outside of these dates will not be considered.
2. Reference Forms
After you have applied, you will receive an email containing the Volunteer Reference Form.
• Have 2 professional referees complete the forms. Professional references may include: teacher, employer, manager, instructor, supervisor from previous volunteer experience, sporting coach, etc. References may not include family, friends, classmates, co-workers, etc.
• Applicants contacted for an interview must bring the completed reference forms with them to that meeting.
3. Health Screening Form
Successful applicants are required to complete the health screening. This form will also be emailed to you. Health screening consists of:
• 2 Step TB test
• Up-to-date immunization records for measles, mumps, rubella, chicken pox & Dtap
Please note: Physicians may charge a fee for this testing, which is the responsibility of the volunteer. Health screening forms must be submitted before being assigned a volunteer placement. Completion of the Health Screening Form does not guarantee a volunteer position.
4. Ready to Apply and Make a Difference this Summer?
Click here to access the online application for the Summer Student Volunteer Program.
Please Note: Due to the high volume of applications received and the fluctuations of openings, we cannot guarantee that every applicant will receive a volunteer placement. Only applicants whose interest and availability match current openings will be contacted for an interview.